Organisations of more than 250 employees are required to publish gender specific pay data each year by April 2019. For De Vere, this requires the publishing of pay data for three legal entities:
De Vere Limited
De Vere 2 Limited
De Vere Wokefield Estate
We have supplemented the mandatory information with further additional information. This includes the organisation-wide position for De Vere group (which consolidates all three of the above companies). We believe this further detail supports our commitment to becoming a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation, has an equal opportunity to reach their true potential within the De Vere group.
Gender Pay Gap Results
- We aim to be an ‘employer of choice’ and are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment for all employees, regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability.
- We are also committed to the principles of equal pay for all of our employees and provide inspiring opportunities for our colleagues to grow their career, regardless of their gender, background or education.
- We are therefore confident that any pay gap does not stem from paying men and women differently for the same or equivalent work. Rather its gender pay gap is the result of the roles in which men and women work within the organisation and the salaries that these roles attract.
- We are pleased to be able to say that our gender pay gaps across the six legal entities reported, do compare favourably with that of other organisations, including those within our industry.
- The UK gender pay gap among all employers in 2018 is 17.9% (according to the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings - Office for National Statistics). At between 2.5% and 7.4%, our mean gender pay gaps are therefore, significantly lower than that for the UK average.
- The mean gender bonus across each legal entity shows in favour of female employees, meaning they received on average a higher bonus payment than that of our male colleagues.
- The proportion of female employees across each legal entity reported on, who received a bonus payment in the 12 months up to 5 April 2018 was higher than that for male employees.
We are delighted to see improvements to our gender pay gap from our 2017 results. Our various initiatives across the De Vere group continue to have a positive impact on our gender pay gap figures and more specifically our colleagues continue to have opportunities to develop and reach their full potential within the De Vere group regardless of their gender. Our results show some encouraging progress:
- Our average mean gender pay gap across the three legal entities improved by 3.9%.
- The proportion of females receiving a bonus was higher than that of male colleagues across all three legal entities.
- On average our female colleagues continue to receive a higher bonus then our male colleagues.
De Vere Initiatives
- In 2016 the introduction of our Inspire Training Academy offering a broad catalogue of career enhancing development programmes at all levels.
- Inspire online our e-learning portal allowing our colleagues to undertake flexible self-development, 24/7 365 from any location be that home or work. Among our programmes we offer training on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme provided by Hospitality Action provides a Parenting Helpline – topics covered include: pregnancy and birth, single parenting, shared parenting, and teenage challenges.
- Our partnership programmes with local schools, colleges and universities, to raise young people's awareness of the different career opportunities available within the hospitality sector, and to help dispel any misperceptions and stereotypes.
- Our current Graduate Management programme and Apprenticeship programmes provide different entry level development programmes, supporting the individual needs of candidates, whilst attracting a diverse population of applicants.
- Due to the nature of our business we try to support Flexible working by providing 100’s of different working patterns, allowing our colleagues the opportunity of finding the right role to support their needs.
I can confirm that the information in this statement is accurate.
Chief Executive Officer
Download the report in PDF format here.
Download the 2017 report in PDF format here.