A story to tell
De Vere Selsdon Estate has an intriguing story to tell, with roots that go as far back as the 9th-century. Since then an Anglo-Saxon hall, a medieval estate of the Knights Templar and a Victorian country seat have been just a few of its former lives. In 1924 racing car driver and business man, Alan Doble Sanderson, bought the estate and turned it into a luxury hotel. The transformation took several years and was finally completed in the 1930s with architect Hugh Mackintosh adding an east and west wing and creating the neo-Jacobean style and red-bricked statement mansion that we know today.
Today, De Vere Selsdon Estate has begun a new chapter in its story. Its recent multi-million-pound renovation project has created a suite of newly designed bedrooms and a new restaurant & bar, as well as restoring many event spaces and the Orangery where afternoon tea is the served daily.
Heart of the community
Throughout its history, De Vere Selsdon Estate has always been at the heart of its community. Today, the estate still plays an important role in the local area.
We proudly support local charity AADC Research Trust who are dedicated to helping children and their families around the world affected by Aromatic Amino Acid Decarboxylase Deficiency (AADC).