A new chapter
Dating back to the 1720s, the mansion house that stands at the heart of Wokefield Estate was built by Charles Parry in a similar design to that of Kinlet Hall in Shropshire.
Having spent most of the 20th-century as a St Benedict's Approved School, the mansion house was grade II* listed in 1967 before starting to take guests in 1984 when it was converted to a hotel.
Today, the hotel has been completely transformed following a £20 million restoration throughout.
The Mansion House has had a top to toe makeover with 87 new luxury bedrooms including 12 suites, along with the restoration of a number of event spaces including the pillared Terrace Suite.
The all-new Wokefield Place, a high-tech dedicated conference building has been refurbished and kitted out with all the AV and IT you need – even the 1Gb Wi-Fi extends out into the grounds. A Burr&Co., the groups’ signature coffee shop joins The View restaurant, Benedict’s Bar and a Deli.
The 1560 Restaurant – serving classic British dishes - is now open serving breakfast through to dinner whilst the new Whiskey Lounge is a cosy spot for drinks until the small hours.
The project has also seen 54 fully-upgraded bedrooms in Wokefield Place, upgrade of several function rooms, a new reception with boot room and a refreshment of the gym and pool.